Friday, December 12, 2014

"TORTURES"

This article explains how the U.S government gave 80 million dollars to two military psychologies for research of new tortures.

This happened in 2002, two men, James Mitchell and Bruce Jessen, became the masterminds of the CIA’s torture program. The program was supposed to invent new methods of tortures. Like that they could use it to interrogate suspicious terrorists. But instead of inventing new methods, they were using techniques from Wikipedia and from an old handbook of Joseph Stalin. Do they need 80 million dollars for that? No, I do not think so.

But, the question is: “Is it human torture persons?”
In my opinion is, NO. I do not think persons have to be tortured, as I said before, that is inhuman. It is a right that all the people should have. As the “Article 5” of the Human Right says:

“No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.”

 I also know that if they are terrorists or murders they should do everything to discover it. But for instance, in this program, they tortured Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times, and with a technique that was used in 14th century.


This other article shows how CIA has been treating to the terrorist prisoners. 

For example, Ridha Najjar, a suspected former bodyguard for Osama bin Laden, he was often left in the shadows, under a barrage of shrieking music, cold, shackled and hooded, his dark figure handcuffed to an overhead bar for 22 hours a day.

I’m really surprised, I did not know that they still doing that kind things. I think that they should have the minimum thing to live, 3 meals, enough hours to sleep, a good place… etc. But as I can see, some of the prisoners do not have good conditions to live.  

So my conclusion is every human being should have the right to live at least good and without being torture.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your blog. It covered all of the issues that i believe that needed to be addressed. I also think that people shouldn't be tortured.Everyone is entitled to at least the minimum necessities.

    ReplyDelete