Thursday, December 18, 2014

"HORSES"

Since I was a little girl, I have been in love with horses. The first picture you see (to the left) when me when I was just 10 years old.

All of this started 6 years ago on my birthday. I was in the town Ezcaray where my mom’s family lives. Instead of spending the day at home, my parents brought me to ride horse, but it was a surprised. 

I could not believe it; I was so excited! Ever since then, I have not stopped riding horses.

I remember my first class, it was amazing, I learned the basic things but I really enjoy it. Then I learned more and more every day. . We all share the same passion: horseback riding.  

My teacher Ricardo, who is like a second father to me, taught me everything I know. He did not just teach me how to ride a horse; he also taught me how to prepare, care, and teach others about horses. I really enjoy teaching others how to ride.

I do a lot of things with the horses. I ride without a saddle, as well as stand on, jump with, and dress a horse.

I do not just ride horses. In Ezcaray, I have a lot of friends, and I meet with them on weekends when I go to the town. It is fun to mix with people from ages ranging from 14 years old to 26 years old.

My best friend is Ivan, and I met him through riding horses. We ride horses together often. Ricardo trusts us and lets us go with his horses out in the mountains; I have so much fun! We can be riding horse 2-3 hours without stop. I cannot explain how I feel when I ride horse.

In the summer, all kinds of people come from all over Spain to Ezcaray. On the weekends, sometimes we stay the night together and go with the horses to the mountains where we play games. We also barbecue and have several people join us. I remember one day there were over 40 people!

In the summer, my friends and I almost spend the all day in there. My parents always complain about I am never at home. But it is summer, so I summer it is an obligation spend the whole day with your friends and have fun.


 
















"I do not know what I would be without riding horse. That is part of my personality, that defines who I am."
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is something I did not know about you. Very interesting to hear from someone who has so much experience riding and working with horses. Good blog and I like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete